A writer from Thrillist went through the menus at different fast food places, and figured out how to get as much food as possible for five bucks…nice hack for when you need fast food on a budget!
1. Taco Bell. Just order five things off their “Dollar Cravings” menu. The biggest thing on there right now is the “Beefy Fritos Burrito.” But if you get five, you’ll be too full.
2. Wendy’s. Order a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, small fry, and a small chocolate Frosty. It should come out to about $5 with tax.
3. McDonald’s. You could just go with five things from the dollar menu. Or if you want to mix it up, a Sausage McMuffin, four-piece McNugget, snack-size McFlurry, and a small coke would run you about $5.50.
4. Subway. They have $6 footlongs now, and a few only cost $5.50. But if you really want to stay under five bucks, go with any six-inch sub and load it up with veggies.
5. Burger King. You can get a double cheeseburger, a BK bacon burger, small fries, and a chocolate sundae for about $5.
6. KFC. Instead of going with the $5 Fill Up that’s back, you can get more chicken with the Original Recipe two-piece with drumstick and thigh meal for $5.43 plus tax!
7. Arbys. Junior Bacon Cheddar Melt, Medium Curly Fries and a Junior Jamocha Shake for just $4.68.