Turns out sleeping naked has a lot of health benefits, like these:
- It’s literally the coolest thing you can do. According to the Los Angeles Sleep Study Institute, one reason people wake up during the night and can’t fall back to sleep is because they’re overheated. Skipping jammies can help your body maintain a cooler temperature, which means you’re less likely to wake up at 2 a.m.
- It’s good for wannabe dads. A 2015 study found men hoping to start a family or add to theirs shouldn’t just wear roomy boxers, they should sleep naked, too, to improve sperm quality.
- Less clothes = more happy. A 2014 study of 1,000 Brits shows 57 percent of couples who sleep sans clothes claim to be happy together, compared to 48 percent of pajamas wearers.
- It’s a stress-buster. “Sleeping naked helps to decrease cortisol, increase the growth hormone and balance melatonin,” explains sleep expert Neil Robinson. “All of which work to reduce stress levels.”
- Your skin appreciates it. Robinson also says sleeping nude can improve circulation and keep your skin healthier.